A while back when I asked you all for blog post topics, a few of you suggested I write a 20 things about me post, so I figured since my birthday is next week… and I’m turning 28…here’s 28 things about me you may or may not have wanted to know.
1. Fall is my favorite season. Ever. There is no debate.
2. My first cup of chai was from a street vendor in Kolkata, India. It was glorious. Nothing has compared to it since.
3. Speaking of India, I spent the last 4 days of my trip in the hospital. It was awful.
4. I don’t drink coffee. Unless it’s in a chicky mocha coffee type drink.
5. I’ve lived all over the US, but consider myself an East Coaster through and through. New Jersey and New England have always been home.
6. I’m the second born of 5. Three brothers, one sister.
8. I was homeschooled most of middle and high school. Long story short, I was the girl everyone liked to pick on. It sucked. Luckily my parents were totally cool with homeschooling me and letting me graduate a year early. I went away to college 6 weeks after I turned 17.
9. Crocheting is my jam.
10. I have identical scars on both of my knees from falling on hot asphalt on two different occasions when I was 2 years old.
11. When Zach and I met for the first time, he was looking for another girl and I had another guy’s arm on my shoulder.
12. My first name is not Kristen.
13. I’m obsessed with scarves of all kinds. Head scarves, neck scarfs, fuzzy scarves, summer scarfs…I heart scarves.
14. The first time I tried a cucumber was at Zach’s house when I was a sophomore in college.
15. My dad refused to acknowledge Zach’s existence for the first 6 months we were together. Zach tried so hard. It was hilarious.
16. I’m 5’2.
18. Buffalo flavored everything always. (I had a bowl of roasted buffalo cauliflower for lunch yesterday.)
19. I bought Zach an offensively cheap wedding band because we were sure he would lose it immediately. He’s still got that ring on his finger.
20. I turn the bathroom light on when I have to use it in the middle of the night. My influence roommates kindly let me know that one should use the bathroom in the dark, but apparently their husbands have never left the seat up resulting in their tailbone’s demise at 2am.
21. I totaled my first car (a Buick LeSabre) two months after I got my license.
22. I had my first glass of wine this summer.
23. I gained almost 60 pounds when I was pregnant with Jonah.
24. This is Zach and I right after we made things official. I shaved his head. Everyone called me Delilah.
26. I play piano and sing. ish.
27. The Walking Dead. The Office. New Girl. Call the Midwife. Shark Tank.
28. This is not Emery sitting on a bike. It’s me (and my older brother) circa 1988.
And there you have it, friends. Now you know 28 more things about me. 28. I’m not sure how I feel about that number yet, but I don’t have to embrace it until Tuesday, so I’ll just embrace my last few days of being 27. #oldwoman Thanks for reading. Thanks for commenting. Thanks for supporting my family. Thanks for making this past year so amazing. Can’t wait to see what year 28 has for me!